Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Entries from March 1, 2010 - April 1, 2010

Entries from March 1, 2010 - April 1, 2010

Saturday
Mar062010

Boys to Men: Dude You Will Always Be 6 Years Old To Me

Haggai and Malachi have been friends since they were 5 and 6 respectively. Malachi was a 'push the respect envelope' kind of kid and once in a while he still does it as an adult. The last time Haggai was home, Malachi made an off color remark towards me. I let it slide figuring he had forgotten to whom he was speaking.

The second time I looked directly at him and stated for the record "Dude, you will always be 6 years old to me." He smiled that same sheepish 'I just wanted to see if I could get away with it' smile which I had gotten at 6 (and 7 and 8 and 9 and 19) when I called his behavior out.

I think sometimes they are just happy to be kids again.



Thursday
Mar042010

Just Plain Silly: Really?

I saw an article about a new online “service” available to twitter and Facebook users. You register your credit or debit cards at the site. Whenever you use that card your purchases are posted on twitter and/or Facebook.

This has got to be the brain child of the credit card and banking industry. People would have to have at least 2 credit cards or 2 debit cards. One brag card linked to the social sites and one unlinked card for everyday purchases. One card you use to charge your fabulous trip to Cancun, and the other for when you are buying tampons (on sale with a coupon). One for dinner out with your wife, and one for dinner out with anyone you don’t want your family to know about.

Do we really need to know what brand of peanut butter, bras or soup our friends buy? Personally, I would prefer to brag about any jewelry my husband buys me in person, not in pixel.

Would you find such a “service” useful?



No comments:

Post a Comment