Entries from December 1, 2008 - January 1, 2009
Lets see the husband's job is iffy, my daughter banged up the car again (not herself or the other person she hit, thank you Lord)(But she so scraped up that SUV!). I will either lose the use of my car or I will be driving the 19 year old to school and work for a while. How the 13 year old will get where she needs to be is a mystery to be solved later. The 17 year old has issues, grade issues. He seems to think he can get by on charm and not hard work. He is a junior with a very bad case of senioritis.
Whining is good for the soul for about 15 minutes. It is great to say "I trust in God" when trust is just theory not necessity. It is another to live that reality. I have 10 more minutes to whine. I will make the most of it. Than I will pray and see what God will make of my circumstances. I am not yet excited to see God faithful but I will get there....let the adventure begin....
4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.Philippians 4
How have you seen God faithful recently?
January is coming, the time when all good people wished they had spent a little less at Christmas. While it is not yet January here are some sites that help us save money all year.
The blog that inspired this addition of Blogs Worth A Click: Frugal Shopping With Julie
Lots of coupons, good deals and if you have a CVS that actually has the specials in stock (unlike my local one which is just an exercise in aggravation trying to get the deals) check out Julie's site on Fridays for a list of the deals that week.
Iowahippiechick a fun to read blog with lots of good ideas.
Ms. Frugal McDougal tips and great recipes for the frugal cook.
"Cents"able Momma has inspired me to learn to work the Walgreen's deals.
The 99 Cent Chief more good low cost recipes. This guy finds amazing bargain!
Gathering Little By Little and The Simple Dollar are blogs that help you think through the philosophy of frugal living. Well written, informative, practical, probably not what you'd expect, both are well worth a click.
Now for the fun part, I know there are tons of great money saving blogs. If you are a fellow blogger, leave your url and the url of the frugal/moneysavig blog you love so I can put them both in a follow up post. Link love all around!
What are the words to that Christmas carol again? If you are going Christmas caroling or can't remember the 3rd stanza to your favorite Christmas carol here are some sites that may help.
Better Homes and Gardens has a booket of Christmas Carols printable in a PDF format
If karaoke is your thing, some Christmas karaoke sites:
If you would like to know the history of your favorite check out The History of Some Well Loved Christmas Songs
What is your favorite Christmas carol?
- I have noticed there are a lot of great blogs on both e-card and blogher. This is a list I made during my e-card rounds. If it is helpful to you please feel free to use it. If you blog is not listed and you would like it to be, please leave the information in a comment. If you are horrified to be on this list, again leave a comment and I will take you off. If there is an "official" list some place, I would love to be on it!
- Nytro Girl
- Jogging In Circles - Jogging In Circles
- Cheaper than Therapy--Musings of a Mom of 3
- The Homesteading Housewife
- Zip 'n' Tizzy
- News from NOLA
- Beetle's humour - Memories of 50's & 60's
- Scraps Of Mind
- Living Locurto - Graphic Design | Creative Ideas | FREE Downloads
- The Online Recipe Box
- Chica & Pumuckl - 2 Egyptian Cats in Germany
- Mama Belly Blog
- Workout Mommy
- Homeschooling Four
- Bobbie Dawn
- Friends FurEver
- Parenting Squad | Tips, hacks, and news for parents and their families.
- Nodin's Nest
- It's OK to be WEIRD! : Memory Verse Monday - Prov 3
- Short Pump Preppy
- The Junk Drawer
- Small Town Mommy
- Connect with your Teens through Pop Culture and Technology
- Blog - A Second Cup
- washwords » Blog Archive » We are the stories we tell
- I Do Things So You Don’t Have To
- Gandalf and Grayson
- On The Verge
- Not a Day Goes By.....
- Gather Little by Little - Personal Finance with a Christian Perspective
- Sassy Irish Lassie: The Myths of Motherhood
- On the Horizon
- 1Blog and 2 Sides
- Chic Galleria
I am through Week 5! I was surprised how much easier it is to do a set of 15 push ups than when I started out on The Hundred Push Up Challenge. (Yes I am still doing the weenie push ups)
Week 6: I did The Hundred!! The most push ups I did at one time was 33. That is a lot more than the 4 I did just 8 weeks ago!
Follow the saga:
Anyone else want to share how they are doing?
To my resident tech princess I uploaded the image myself!!