Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Entries from December 1, 2008 - January 1, 2009

Entries from December 1, 2008 - January 1, 2009

Monday
Dec152008

Aging with Adventure: Whining is Good for The Soul

Lets see the husband's job is iffy, my daughter banged up the car again (not herself or the other person she hit, thank you Lord)(But she so scraped up that SUV!). I will either lose the use of my car or I will be driving the 19 year old to school and work for a while. How the 13 year old will get where she needs to be is a mystery to be solved later. The 17 year old has issues, grade issues. He seems to think he can get by on charm and not hard work. He is a junior with a very bad case of senioritis.

Whining is good for the soul for about 15 minutes. It is great to say "I trust in God" when trust is just theory not necessity. It is another to live that reality. I have 10 more minutes to whine. I will make the most of it. Than I will pray and see what God will make of my circumstances. I am not yet excited to see God faithful but I will get there....let the adventure begin....

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.Philippians 4

How have you seen God faithful recently?

Friday
Dec122008

Blogs Worth A Click: Savings Addition

January is coming, the time when all good people wished they had spent a little less at Christmas. While it is not yet January here are some sites that help us save money all year.

The blog that inspired this addition of Blogs Worth A Click: Frugal Shopping With Julie

Lots of coupons, good deals and if you have a CVS that actually has the specials in stock (unlike my local one which is just an exercise in aggravation trying to get the deals) check out Julie's site on Fridays for a list of the deals that week.

Personal Budgeting and Finance has a very good series on "How to Handle a Recession"

Iowahippiechick a fun to read blog with lots of good ideas.

Ms. Frugal McDougal tips and great recipes for the frugal cook.

"Cents"able Momma has inspired me to learn to work the Walgreen's deals.

The 99 Cent Chief more good low cost recipes. This guy finds amazing bargain!

Your Family Fun inexpensive ideas for having fun with your kids. Check out the marshmallow snowmen.

Gathering Little By Little and The Simple Dollar are blogs that help you think through the philosophy of frugal living. Well written, informative, practical, probably not what you'd expect, both are well worth a click.

Now for the fun part, I know there are tons of great money saving blogs. If you are a fellow blogger, leave your url and the url of the frugal/moneysavig blog you love so I can put them both in a follow up post. Link love all around!

Thursday
Dec112008

Fa-la-la....la?

What are the words to that Christmas carol again? If you are going Christmas caroling or can't remember the 3rd stanza to your favorite Christmas carol here are some sites that may help.

Better Homes and Gardens has a booket of Christmas Carols printable in a PDF format

Hymns Me has a index of favorite hymns. A useful reference for weddings, funerals and other events on the church calendar. This is their list of The 50 Best Loved Carols

If karaoke is your thing, some Christmas karaoke sites:

Rhapsody and Karaoke Verison You down load the music to your MP3 player. Both these sites say they are free to use. I don't know because that tech stuff makes my head hurt.

If you would like to know the history of your favorite check out The History of Some Well Loved Christmas Songs

What is your favorite Christmas carol?

Tuesday
Dec092008

E Card / Blogher List

Monday
Dec082008

The Hundred Push Up Challenge Week 5 and Week 6: It Is Hard To Finish Well

I am through Week 5! I was surprised how much easier it is to do a set of 15 push ups than when I started out on The Hundred Push Up Challenge. (Yes I am still doing the weenie push ups)

Week 6: I did The Hundred!! The most push ups I did at one time was 33. That is a lot more than the 4 I did just 8 weeks ago!

Follow the saga:

Starting October 13th:The Hundred Push Up Challenge:Join In

Week 1 Completed: It Was a Gloat Week

Week 2 I Don’t Think I’m Supposed To Click

Week 3 Mea Culpa

Week 4 Accent On Challenge

Week 4 Redo!

I Am To Old For This!

Anyone else want to share how they are doing?

To my resident tech princess I uploaded the image myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment