Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Entries from October 1, 2009 - November 1, 2009

Entries from October 1, 2009 - November 1, 2009

Friday
Oct022009

Aging With Adventure: It is Either One End Or The Other

WARNING: This is so not a guy post.

I am one of those very fortunate woman that have no trouble getting a mammogram. Squish away, no pain.

I went for a procedure to test for uterine cancer today. The doctor doesn't think I have cancer but given my genetic doom, I mean the history of cancer in my family, he though this was a wise step to rule out cancer before dealing with what ever female problem I have. I was assured this procedure would be a tad uncomfortable.

I love my ob-gym but he is male. I am pretty sure if he had to face the level of "discomfort" I did uncomfortable would not be how he would phase it.

Pain akin to serious child birth contractions, be careful not to yell because I do not what to scare my husband in the waiting room and have him burst through the door to rescue me from what ever evil was causing me in that much pain. The nurse suggested I concentrate on breathing....yeah like that worked when I was in labor.

Fortunately the procedure was brief and I do not have to have it done yearly like a mammogram.

Sometimes is it is no fun being a girl.....sigh

My husband has offered to bring home Chinese food for dinner, so everything has work out alright in the end.

1 ... 1 2 3 4

No comments:

Post a Comment