Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Entries from February 1, 2009 - March 1, 2009

Entries from February 1, 2009 - March 1, 2009

Thursday
Feb192009

Parenting Semi-Adults: Mom I Got Carded

I was a little surprised when my 19 year old told me she has been carded. She doesn't drink or hang out in bars so I was a wee bit confused as to where this carding could have occurred.

At the mall…on Friday night! It turns out, you are not allowed in the mall on Thursday, Friday or Saturday after 5PM if you are under 18 unless you are accompanied by an adult.

Hence the carding…

Honestly I sort of think it is a wise policy.

My 17 year old smuggly pointed out that he has not been carded.....hmmmmmm

What do you think about the mall's policy ?

You can still comment for a change to win an iPod Touch here!!! Contest ends the 22nd, don't delay!

Tuesday
Feb172009

Parenting Semi-Adults: Windows VS Mac

You can still comment for a change to win an iPod Touch here!!! Contest ends the 22nd, don't delay!

Then and only then check out Pensive ,Octamom, Viv's Cool Mom's Reviews and My Own Circle of Confusion for more chances to win.

I am looking for a laptop. My family is divided: one is of Mac, the other is of Windows. Each vows never to help me again if I purchase a laptop with the offending operating system.

The one of Mac is moving out next year. The defender of Windows is home for another 4 year. I will have to buy a laptop with Windows. For me this is not a question of which is the better operating system. This is strictly a political decision. With whom is the better alliance? Windows wins because the Mac lover does not want to live at home just in case I need help.

Anyone want to recommend a reliable laptop that runs Windows?

Sunday
Feb152009

Aging With Adventure: Everything Old Is New Again

You can still comment for a change to win an iPod Touch here!!! Contest ends the 22nd, don't delay! Check out Octamom and My Own Circle of Confusion for more chances to win.


My Grandmother would have been watching her favorite soap (As The World Turns) on a 17 inch TV in the 1950’s, so almost 60 years later how did her granddaughter spend her afternoon? Watching her favorite show (Bones) on a 17 inch computer screen. The fact I am using a computer and my grandmother a black and white TV is irrelevant. We both would have spent a little of our day following the lives and fortunes of our favorite TV characters. She on CBS, me on Hulu.com. The more thing change, the more they are the same.

What was your grandma’s favorite TV show and what is your?

Friday
Feb132009

The Real World: A Silver Lining

What reason could you possibly have for not entering to win an iPod Touch here!! Check out Octamom and My Own Circle of Confusion for more chances to win.

After my herd job interview and realizing how hard it will be to reenter the work force (some form of skills up date (schooling) is probably needed) I was feeling unwanted…sigh

Earlier that day a box of yarn had arrived from my sister Katarina. Katarina’s work is connected with a nursing home. Last Christmas, at the party for their residents, she noticed that there were no presents for the residents. Katarina has a big heart, a large circle of friends and family and she is a woman of stash. She decided all the residents would receive handmade scarves at the next Christmas party, all 70 of them.

She sent me some yarn. My skills such as they are might not be of much value in the job market but I can still be of use and blessing to others. Thank you Katarina.

9 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4

How have you been a blessing or been blessed in the middle of difficulties?

Thursday
Feb122009

The Real World: Job Interview

Enter to win an iPod Touch at A Second Cup Product Reivews. Then and only then check out Pensive

and Viv's Cool Mom's Reviews for more chances to win!!!

There is a local department store opening in my area. I went for a group job interview. I didn’t make it past the first cut. There were 16 of us in the room and I was the only on returning to the job market after 20 years of mommyhood.

All that experience doesn’t seem to be worth much in this current job market….sigh.

It was a little scary to see people who have worked for years applying for part time POS (formerly cashier) positions. The interviewer said they expect to see more than 1500 people for 160 positions.

It is rough out there…..

No comments:

Post a Comment