Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Entries from December 1, 2009 - January 1, 2010

Entries from December 1, 2009 - January 1, 2010

Friday
Dec042009

Shoo!!

Go check out Stacey's picks for Chick Flick Friday. (Good way to score some thoughful points with your special girl)

Wednesday
Dec022009

Blogs Worth A Click: Other Bloggers Really Good Frugal Gift Ideas

The WOW factor of a homemade gift is pretty high. Just think how amazed people are when you produce a loaf of homemade bread. One sister last year knitted dish clothes, another allegedly made chocolate* and definitely scented body scrubs. I loved everything I received last year but these are the gifts I remember.

For all your pumpkin spice latte loving friends (or to sate your own pumpkin spice latte yearnings) Tracy at Sugarcrafter, has a recipe for pumpkin spice latte syrup.

Quick to knit mittens on two needles from Grandma Wren’s Grandmother Pattern Book. I made a pair in about 8 hours!!!!! A fast knitter could make 2 or 3 pairs in a weekend.

Hot Chocolate Mix from Make It From Scratch. Package this in some nice thrift store mugs or a pretty glass jar, with candy canes for stirrers and homemade marshmallows if you are feeling adventurous for a unique gift.

Homemade body scrub from Jenny at Tree Hugging Family

Anyone have a homemade gift idea to share?

* Allegedly, because I never tasted any of this supposed chocolate. I suspect my kids got to it first. She will just have to make more this year so I can finally attest to how fabulous it was/is.

Page 1 ... 1 2 3 4

No comments:

Post a Comment