Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Entries from February 1, 2009 - March 1, 2009

Entries from February 1, 2009 - March 1, 2009

Monday
Feb022009

Aging With Adventure: I Am In Crisis

I am in a crisis stage of life or so my daughter who just completed her first semester of Psychology has informed me. Evidently there are various ways in which humans cope with each stage of crisis or so my daughter who just completed her first semester of Psychology informs me.

Humans in crisis either fight, flight or adapt or so my daughter who has just completed her intro to Psych course informs me. That in my view is a very limited way of understand how humans, women in particular engage crisis.

While it has been more than 25 years since my intro to Psych course, in that time I have observed other behaviors while in crisis in addition to fight, flight or adapt.

Eating chocolate, endless internet searches on the topic of the crisis, nights out with the girls that involve chocolate in some form or another and a chick flick.

My daughter who has just completed her first semester of Psychology has informed me I am coping with my crisis stage well. I am learning new things, for example, blogging.

My daughter who has just completed her first semester of psychology doesn’t have the life experience in which to see other way humans cope when informed they are in crisis (a crisis they were evidently not aware of) is with humor (and with perhaps, a tad of sarcasm).

1 ... 1 2 3 4

No comments:

Post a Comment